If you are someone who is constantly procrastinating when it comes to cleaning your Venetian blinds, then this article is for you. Equipped with the know-how of the right method the process will become easier than you think. After all, Venetian blinds are one of the most low maintenance blinds and they are extremely easy to clean. This is exactly why they are so popular.
When it comes to Venetian blinds Delhi there is a huge variety to choose from.This brings us to the point that there are actually many types of Venetian blinds in terms of the material they are made up of. Whether you have a metal, plastic or wooden blind will completely differentiate the methods of cleaning them. All these types need periodic cleaning but not necessarily in the same way. In case you have a wooden blind, regular cleaning with a dry cloth or paper towel will go a long way.
No matter what material makes up your Venetian blind, there are certain essential steps to follow when cleaning them:
1. Identify Problem Spots – Find out the spots that require some extra attention while cleaning. There may be a stain, splat or sticky area staring at you. Use a window spray cleaner if necessary and wipe it off with a paper towel or a dry cloth.
2. Tie Back the Furnishings – If you have any soft furnishing around the blind like a curtain, tie it back so that it does not interfere with the cleaning process.
3. Shut the Blinds – Make sure the blinds are shut which will allow you to do a thorough cleaning.
4. Wear a Glove – Since blinds attract a lot of dust, it is best to wear gloves before you get your hands dirty.
5. Select the Right Spray for Your Material – Cleaning with a spray makes it easier to discern the problematic areas and clean them accordingly. However, make sure that the spray you are using is perfect for the material of your blind. A wooden blind might need a different spray whereas a metal blind will need a different one.
6. Run Over the Slats with a Cloth/Paper – For a thorough cleaning, move your fingers from center to the right and left edges. This ensures that all the slats are cleaned.
7. Open the Blinds to Clean the Opposite Area – Using the same process of running over the slats clean the opposite area of the blinds. Open the blinds to conveniently access the opposite side and clean it with the slats closed.
Also for the ones who have a vacuum cleaner at home, you can also employ the device in your cleaning service. This is how easy it is to clean your Venetian blinds!